Company also implements various COVID care initiatives under its ‘Break the chain’ program
Mumbai, India – May 26, 2021: Larsen & Toubro Infotech (BSE: 540005, NSE: LTI), a global technology consulting and digital solutions company has initiated the vaccination drive for its employees and their family members under its ‘Break the chain’ initiative. This initiative is a part of LTI’s comprehensive COVID 19 preparedness program to ensure safety and well-being of its workforce as well as their immediate dependents.
The vaccination drive for employees kick-started today at LTI’s Pune – Hinjewadi campus and will be conducted at its other facilities spread across the country (Powai, Mahape, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai and Delhi/NCR). LTI has partnered with leading healthcare service providers including Jehangir Hospital, Manipal Hospital, Reliance Hospital, Apollo Hospitals, and Sarvodya Hospital to support this initiative.
LTI is following a 2 pronged approach to support its employees during the pandemic: Help & Support and Communicate & Engage. The first step is to help and support as well as address wellness related issues of all employees. The second step involves counselling for employees to overcome anxiety due to prevailing chaotic situation and offer support for their overall well-being.
Sanjay Jalona, CEO & Managing Director, LTI commented: “Vaccines are the modern-day miracle and over the next few weeks, we would be vaccinating thousands of our employees and their loved ones across several cities. We have and will continue to fight the pandemic with our grit and resilience.”
The company has also set-up a dedicated in-house quarantine facility at its STPI Campus located at Bengaluru and isolation centres at Mumbai and Bangalore. All these centres are equipped with 24×7 nursing service, Doctor & Medication facilities, dedicated ambulance service on standby, all meals for the day and oxygen concentrators for emergencies.
Additionally, as part of the ‘Break the chain’ program, LTI has undertaken the following initiatives:
- Intranet and email helpline email as single point of communication in providing authentic and verified information
- Tracking and monitoring all COVID 19 suspect/positive cases in the workforce to ensure necessary support at the earliest
- Tie-up with reputed hospitals to provide employees an access to doctor consultation from the comfort of their homes
- Dedicated Health Insurance Helpline to assist those impacted, with their insurance claim requirements, to help them manage hospitalization and medical expenses
- Virtual emotional/ mental health wellness sessions and personal, confidential counselling sessions to help employees tide over this crisis
- Restructured leave policy that offers additional leaves for employees who test positive and / or are the sole care givers for infected family members at home.
- Tie-up with local food delivery partners to offer easy access to meal facilities to impacted employees and their families