Venue: Sheraton Center Toronto Hotel, Toronto, Canada
INSURANCE WEALTH MANAGEMENT CROSSROADS
The Wealth & Retirement Conference provides delegates with a forum to gain high-level, strategic insights in all the key areas affecting the insurance wealth industry. Individual sessions will focus on IVIC regulation — including the latest information on the CCIR consultation — as well as product design and product trends, changing compensation models and emerging technologies.
The International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) reports that InsurTech appears set to become the second wave of the FinTech revolution. InsurTech will have a significant impact on insurers’ business models. Regulation, together with firm-level supervision, will need to evolve to ensure the right balance between maintaining policyholder protection without inadvertently stifling innovation.
Janaki Nagulan from LTI Canada is one of the panelists, where she along with other panel of experts will discuss how technological change impacts the industry, from the products we offer through to how we service our clients.
This session will cover:
- The data flow story: how the rapid pace of technological change impacts the sales process – from head office to the dealer to the client.
- What is available today (e.g. current infrastructure, MGA models and technological capabilities)?
- What do we need for the future (e.g. serving distribution channels, electronic signatures, beneficiary designations, consumer facing technology, legal and regulatory challenges)?
- How do we connect it all?
- To meet client expectations (immediate and long-term needs, intergenerational wealth transfer, complex products and how can technology help)
- To address robo advisors, incumbents and market disruptors, digital tools for advisors
- To keep it safe (cybersecurity, etc.)
- E-signatures and electronic beneficiary designation in the context of segregated funds – what are the risks and rewards?
- Meeting consumer’s expectations