L&T Infotech won the prestigious award in ’Innovation in Data Storage’ category for its BigArchTMsolution at the NetApp Innovation Day 2016. Bharati Lele, Head – Digital Tools & GIS and Prasanna Rane, Technical Architect, accepted the award on behalf of L&T Infotech.
Kapil Dev, Former Captain of Indian Cricket Team; along with Anil Valluri, President – NetApp India & SAARC; and Richard Scurfield, President, Asia Pacific – NetApp, presented the award to Bharati Lele at a grand event in Mumbai.
L&T Infotech’s BigArchTM is a Hadoop-based archival solution, which allows data to be moved from a high-end storage system to a low-cost system, for optimum level retrieval. The solution ensures faster retrieval from the archival store through a query mechanism.
Key Business Benefits of BigArchTM
- Optimized cost and faster archival solution
- Reduced hardware and licensing costs
- Reduced administration man-hours
- Faster query performance
- Elimination of time-consuming tape retrieval and lead time
- Elimination of IT administration involvement for retrieving archived data
- Capability of easy handling of changing structure of data over time
The NetApp Innovation Awards honors companies across various categories for achieving positive and impactful business results using IT, demonstrating creativity and thought leadership and symbolizing the NetApp ‘can do’ spirit.