Designed primarily for the investment fund and asset management sectors, Unitrax® provides a number of solutions to handle the most common fund industry and transfer agency issues. These include maintenance of client records and facilitation of the associated administrative processes. These maintenance and processing procedures include transaction entries, generating account investment values, interfacing with external systems and producing various client communications such as tax receipts, reports, letters, statements and transaction confirmations.
Unitrax® uses a table system to store business parameters, offering maximum flexibility to customize your product setup, without the need for custom programming. Our table system also enables a single investor to hold multiple accounts & investor types, and place multiple transactions without the need to duplicate investor information. This, in turn helps increase productivity by reducing redundancy, and the frequency of commonly placed errors. Unitrax® is built to support a number of different product types harmoniously in a single production environment, thus simplifying maintenance obligations and lowering operational costs.
Unitrax® is presented to users in a Graphical User Interface (GUI) format for use of the front-and-back-office staff. The application is integrated into a web-based Business Intelligence (BI) reporting & sales analytics solution. Unitrax®’s web services make it easy for you to connect your in-house applications or customer portals through our published catalogue of APIs, thus ensuring quick & accurate access to your Unitrax® data in real-time. For an out-of-the-box Advisor and Investor online solution, our Wealthlink™ applications are white-labeled web portals, which are seamlessly integrated to Unitrax®, providing users with a wide range of Account, Investment and Transactional information, and are delivered in an easy-to-use interface, customized to your customers’ brand.
With more than 200 fund manufacturers on the system, Unitrax® is a proven leader in record keeping. It proudly boasts a consistently high client satisfaction rate due to its ability to seamlessly provide a complex inventory of business features in a simple and easy-to-use package, thus leading to decreased operational costs and improved business efficiencies.
Unitrax®: Products Supported
- Mutual Funds
- Pooled Funds
- Offshore & Institutional Funds
- Linked Notes
- Hedge & Alternative Investments
- GICs and DIIs
Insurance Wealth Products
- Segregated Funds accumulation and payout (full lifecycle support for maturity & death)
- Payout Annuities (Registered and Non-Registered)
Unitrax® is a comprehensive, transfer agency record keeping system, offering several key features and benefits, including:
- Access to bank and branch transit information, through the stored Canadian Payments Association (CPA) file.
- Built-in, user-class security set-up restrictions, which can be configured to grant access to select individuals or groups, to meet your business demands.
- Support for client communications, including statements, tax receipts, transaction confirmations, and cheques – in both English and French.
- Streamlining fund administration, using batching and balancing of all daily transactions, including a wide range of exception and accounting reports.
- Processing EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) bank transactions and systemic plans, including pre-authorized chequing, automatic withdrawal deposits and dollar cost averaging.
- Support for various investor types, including corporate, estate, individual & joint tenant; and account types, including: CASH, RRSP, RRIF, LIF, LRSP, LIRA, RESP, RDSP and TFSA.
- Support for group plans.
- Customized set-up for dealer commissions, service fees, deferred charges, and special fees/charges.
- Reduced duplicate marketing or financial mailing, using household mailing.
- Support for full regulatory and industry compliance, including IFIC, ESG, N$M, Fundserv, and more.
- Support for complete tax compliance and year-end processes.
- Address accuracy verification with postal services companies.
- Built-in problem tracking functionality to help the manage client-service workflow.