Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a truly modern business platform, which helps drive digital transformation by meeting unique needs, is easy to tailor and extend. It is a new type of business application that breaks down the silos between ERP and CRM powered by data, intelligence and helps capture new business opportunities.
This platform, coupled with the stated right execution team, can help reap the benefits of the digital economy in terms of project/program success and return on investments. Metrics for measuring digital ROI, need to be developed and linked clearly to the company’s overall strategy and goals. Project and program managers certified in managing Microsoft Dynamics implementations and having a professional project management certification, always have an edge over those who do not.
The digital economy – Every business is becoming digital. Products, business processes have become digital and many services are now delivered using the digital functionality. The result is smarter, more efficient and more powerful digital economy. The project/program manager could contribute more effectively to this digital economy by staying tuned with the current industry trends and digital economy themes. Further, we discussed about the digital economy industry themes –
- Transition from offering products and services to creating experiences, hyper-personalization and transition from ownership to shared access.
- Strategy to build, buy, partner, invest, incubate; Operating model: customer-centric, extra fugal, data-powered, machine-driven; digital talent and skills – employees to leadership; use of digital metrics – scale, usage, engagement.
- Achieve scale, scope and speed that lead to success.
- Impact of new digital business and operating models are having on society – whether digitization is creating or eliminating jobs, whether the increasing acquisition and use of personal data is making the digital economy more equitable, or leading to an erosion of trust and a breach of ethical boundaries.
Execution Excellence – Project/program managers are expected to be sensitized and stay tuned with the current industry trends apart from the professional discipline and project/program management competencies. Project/program management professional organizations are changing trying to keep pace in their documentations regarding alignment to these expectations.
- Standards for project/program/portfolio management, quality management, information security management and related
- Economic forces that impact the project
- Continual process improvement and sustainability strategies
- Technical, domain related and management skills
- Leadership – The knowledge, skills and behaviors required to guide, motivate and direct a team; to help an organization achieve its business goals
- Strategic and business management – The knowledge and expertise to deliver better business outcomes
‘Quality assurance’ need to adopt the following key changes to become Digital Assurance:
- Measure user experience across different digital channels like web, mobile tablets, etc.
- Assure agility
- Assurance of data quality in big data
- Use advanced analytics for decision support
With inputs from Meghana Kulkarni and Shilpa Ardey.